Timminy Press is closed to submissions at this time.
Timminy Press considers manuscripts in the following genres only:
- Science Fiction
- Mystery (Crime)
The following manuscript lengths apply:
- Novels: 50,000 – 80,000 words (approx. 190 to 310 pages)
- Novellas: 18,000 to 49,999 words (approx. 70 to 190 pages)
- Novelettes1: 8,000 to 17,999 words (approx. 30 to 70 pages)
Timminy Press offers standard, royalty-paying contracts to authors, with rates set at 50% net2 for ebooks and 35% net for paperback sales. Contract term is for three years, with a no-penalty opt-out after the first year of the date of publication. Submissions may be agented or unagented. The response time for queries is about in three-to-four weeks. Query first before submitting full manuscript. If interested, we will contact you to submit the full.
Query via email only, to include:
- Subject line should be formatted as such: QUERY_AuthorFullName_MaunscriptTitle
- Short bio of the author, including any past publishing or writing credits.
- Manuscript length in words, and the genre. (Cross genre stories are fine.)
- Audience: Young Adult or Adult?
- 800-word summary of the story, which should include the beginning, climax, and ending.
- Include the first two chapters, or approximately 10 pages, of the manuscript (do not cut off in mid-scene).
If Timminy Press is interested, a request to submit the entire manuscript will follow. This is NOT an acceptance for publication. Any decision to publish will be made following a review of the entire manuscript. Timminy Press reserves the right to decline any query or manuscript submission.
- Manuscripts may be submitted in MS Word or RTF file format
- First page should include the title of the manuscript, page count, genre, and the author’s information (name, contact info.)
- No table of contents
- Line spacing should be 1.50 or double-spaced.
- Standard fonts only. No fancy scripts. (If accepted, Timminy Press will use Georgia for production.)
- No header or footer content, except for pagination
- Pages should be numbered at the bottom, any format.
Things to consider:
- Timminy Press does not require “polished” manuscripts, but they should be well-edited before submitting. (Poor writing skills will affect the decision to accept or reject.)
- Timminy Press uses Chicago-Style.
Submit query emails to: [NOT OPEN TO SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME]
1Novelettes are not available in trade paperback.
2Net is defined as income received from book sellers or via direct sales. Timminy Press does not deduct publishing, marketing materials, or any other production expenses from this amount.